|Class Date(s)||Wednesday, Feb 14 2018 8:00AM-4:00PM
Thursday, Feb 15 2018 8:00AM-4:00PM
Friday, Feb 16 2018 8:00AM-4:00PM
Save this Class to Outlook (Click & Open)
APCO Fire Service Communications
Class Times: 0800-1600
APCO Institute’s Fire Service Communications course raises the bar for in-service fire communications training! This dynamic three day course covers the terms, techniques and protocols required for excellence in fire service call taking and dispatch. This course is recommended for Communications Center employees dispatching fire service personnel and units.
Training modules include:
• Overview of firefighting and the fire service
• Fire service apparatus, equipment and terminology
• Fire service communications systems
• Fire service call processing
• Handling fire service incidents
• The National Incident Management System and Incident Command System
(In-depth training meeting IS-100 and IS-700 training requirements)
• Understanding and handling HAZMAT incidents
• Understanding and handling terrorism incidents
Pre-Requisites: Public Safety Telecommunicator I or 40 hours of formalized basic training from respective agency. Please include the certificate from the PST1 course OR a letter, from the supervisor, stating the registrant has received 40 hours of training. The letter needs to be on agency letterhead.
ACOG Members: FREE Registration
Non-Members of ACOG: Cost $99 your agency will be invoiced prior to the course start date.